Tuesday, March 4, 2008

NM Trip, Journal IV

Finally! A day there's more to post about!

For some strange reason, I woke up pretty early, this morning. Much earlier than usual, that's for sure! I was able to get in a few practice rounds, and did pretty well. I finally broke the bad arrow of my set, so there's nothing to worry about. All my arrows shoot about the same, now. After that, Mom and I drove into town to make a little exchange...

You see, yesterday, I picked up a new toy! My new katana that I bought with the money Evan gave me. I like it a lot. The tsuba (that's Japanese for "guard") is more decorative than my last one, and the blade's nicer. I think I got a pretty good deal out of the whole thing. The problem was that the sword I picked up yesterday came with a slightly bent tip, so we went to replace it today.

After we came back home, I threw my knife for a while, and then it was time to go to Aunt Pat's and ride horses for an hour or so! I wanted to canter, but Pat said it wouldn't be good while the other horses were around, so I didn't get the chance. I might get to tomorrow!

We went to dinner at the house of my cousin Elise and her husband. He has two daughters, and together, they have a two year old son who kept us quite entertained! It was a good night.

Tomorrow, we get to the highlight of the trip, for me! Uncle Dave and Aunt Leesa have two daughters Sarah and Joanne, and Joanne and I love to ride together! Of course, we'll also be playing poker with pennies and talking for hours about blades and steel, and all that sort of thing! Gonna be a great time!

1 comment:

firebirdsinger said...

YAY for the katana! *hopes fervently she spelled it correctly* Just don't fall of the horse-that would stink.