Saturday, March 8, 2008

Home again, Home again

Ah, it's good to be home! I didn't really know how much I missed it until I met up with Dave and K.C. and we started playing games again, and then Josh joined us! I love my friends, I really, really do.

We stopped for the night in Fort Smith, Arkansas, and then got on the road again in the morning by around 9. There wasn't too much trouble until we started running into the traffic jams. Two semis had turned over on the side of the road in two different places, and it held us up a bit, but not by much.

Looking back over the trip, I realize how sad I am about two things: 1. that the trip was meant to be so much more (read my previous journal entries about it) and 2. that I realize how incredibly selfish I was the entire time...well, ok, maybe not all the time, but I could have been a LOT less self-centered. Gonna have to do better next time.

This week's gonna be packed. First church, then lunch, then finish typing a take-home test, then on Monday I've got classes, one of which is a midterm, and after class on Teusday I have to find a leprechaun costume for NEXT Monday (ask me about my St. Patty's Day shenanigan) before TKD class and then bells, and then I leave for Gulf Wars Wednesday! Yay for busy!

2 comments:

firebirdsinger said...

Glad that you're home safely. Just come by and see us before you leave again!

Anonymous said...

you forgot to add in there...
"stop by to see the Johnsons."