Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Fun Shenanigan Flop

Well, it was meant to be more than it turned out to be, but it was still good! I had the costume, complete with cereal box, Josh turned up to film it, and there were maybe seven or eight other people there to chase me, including Billy, Mike, Emily Thrash, with her boyfriend Greg, a girl named Mellie, and a Theater major named William.

We all gathered at the breezeway between the Music and Theater Buildings and prepped everyone, saying the idea was to CHASE me, not CATCH me. The original intention was to run all the way down to Walker Avenue, but we barely ended up getting past the library! I'll be posting the whole thing on YouTube on Friday.

In retrospect, I think I can see what we needed to improve on. For one thing, I should have gotten permission for this much sooner so that I could start spreading the publicity for it much sooner, and thus have drawn a larger crowd. Secondly, I think I'll have someone I know make the costume for me, rather than dropping $60 for a costume I used once and must now return. Other than that, I think the only things are to get in better shape and actually scream "They're after me Lucky Charms!" as I'm running by the camera, instead of too early for the camera to hear.

Here's to next year! See you all then!

2 comments:

firebirdsinger said...

I can't believe I missed it! :(

Joshua's World said...

It's not a flop...I thought it was great...hey you gonna be able to come over to the Womanicks tonight? I'm cooking a Filipino cuisine.