Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Thanks

You know, I think I'll just have a new picture up whenever I feel like it! Know what that means, dear readers? That means you'll never know what background is up at any given time! Which means you're gonna have to keep checking back at all times! Yay, thanks!

As far as this background goes...

I know, neither figure even remotely resembles me or Lanelle, but I thought it was one of the most romantic images I'd ever seen, so I can dream.

I miss her. I really really do. I miss her bad enough already, but this being Valentine's Day certainly doesn't make it any easier. The good thing is that the sun is shining today, and I always have my music! The soles of my shoes are worn completely smooth, now, and have no traction whatsoever. I walking on concrete and slipped! There was no ice. I tore the skin off my left palm...but I still smiled all the way to class because of my music! I have always been the most happy-go-lucky guy I've ever met, and I'm DEFINITELY the most eccentric, happy romantic on campus!

But then, I suppose I have a lots to be happy and smile about. I am truly very blessed. I have a relationship with Christ, I'm in love with the most beautiful princess in the world, I have so many many friends that are as close to me as family, I have an incredible family that loves me dearly, I have my health and talents in archery and martial arts, a deep love for History, and God gave me an indescribably powerful imagination and enough music to kickstart images and movies for whatever mood I'm ever in!

It humbles me that I have been given so much. For a long time, I was stuck on how I could ever say "Thank you" enough to all the people I know for everything they've done/do for me, let alone figuring out how to do it for God! Now I know that the best way to say "Thank you" is in living. I was given each of these things for a specific purpose, and I enjoy the thought of fulfilling every last one. A few weeks (months, by now?) ago, Lanelle and I read a passage from the Bible about the Gifts of the Spirit, and I found mine. Ever since then, I have known a fulfillment that has lasted longer and stronger than anything I've ever felt before! Truly, knowing and embracing your gift for what it is, is powerful.

...and if you want to know what mine is, you'll have to ask! HAHAHAHAHA, blackmail!

1 comment:

firebirdsinger said...

Ok, I feel guilty, now. Here I was, bemoaning what a bad day I've had when you're so darn cheerful about EVERYTHING! Thanks for the lesson, dear brother. I despise myself sometimes for the fact that I can't always see the world through your eyes. Cherish that gift. It's invaluable. Love!