Saturday, April 11, 2009

A day's journal

I found that picture earlier today, and I thought it appropriate, considering I went back to a Herb Parson's shoot for the first time this year, and could hardly have asked for more! The day was bright, the sun was out, I was shooting my longbow with my father, and best of all, the forest has returned! I don't think I shot particularly well, but at least I was shooting, and I know what to work on the next time I practice.

For most of the rest of the day, I was with dear friends of mine, and at first, we talked stories. We brainstormed ideas for everything ranging from character development, works in progress, future ideas and plot twists. It was much fun, and I look forward to participating more regularly, now.

When I finally left, I came home and started spending time with family, something we as a family have not done for a while, considering Dad's in Ohio working on his plane most of the time and my brother's at college near Nashville; but they're both at home for now, and it's a great experience.

God bless, they're so durn FUNNY! It's one of the things I'm jealous of, concerning my brother. He has this incredible wit and an insanely innate sense of timing. Sparring him is a nightmare. Im reasonably sure I'm faster than him, but he sits back and defends himself, waiting for me to present him with an opening that I'm certain he knows is coming before I do. It's infuriating!

But I love him anyway, and dad too. He's where my brother and I got so many habits and mannerisms I love to watch. One only wonders what they're going to be like in the future! Here's to hoping my children inherit all the good things too.

1 comment:

Gillian said...

I love the picture on your blog :) And isn't it nice to spend time with family? I appreciate it more now that mine is 12 hours (some of them half the globe) away...